20 August 2009

It Might Get Loud

On my way to see the Hurt Locker last night, my cousin mentioned a documentary film she had heard about featuring Jack White, Jimmy Page, and the Edge. Thinking this was a project probably way down the line, I quickly agreed it sounded awesome, then promptly forgot about it.

Then, we sat down in the theater, and the previews rolled:



Seeing it on the big screen, materialized in front of me, I got downright giddy for this movie. Just the concept of three amazing guitar innovators from three distinctly different musical eras getting together to jam and discuss music...holy fuck. How can you not want to see this? Speaking from a personal perspective, I went through childhood with my dad showing me the music of The Edge (U2), and went through high school and college devouring anything Jack White was a part of (the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, the Dead Weather), so naturally I'd get excited to see this movie. I have a feeling, though, that this movie will end up being something that is accessible to a much more diverse audience than just people like me. When you get down to the bottom of it, this film's about the creative process; how inspiration comes and expresses itself, and how talent feeds off of other talent. It doesn't hurt that it's directed by the same guy who did An Inconvenient Truth, either.But seriously, I hope you're as excited as I am. This should pan out to be pretty damn cool.

No comments: