15 August 2009

Bragging Time

Ok, so this entry is going to be pretty much devoted to tooting my own (and my colleagues') horn. Fair warning.

First off, if you know me personally, you'll know I'm a former DJ/Program Director/Station Manager of 91.1 FM WDUB, Granville, OH. A small station, yes; but we've been able to claim Steve Carell as an an alumni, as well as placing in the top 20 for the Princeton Review's 2008 list of most popular college radio stations (during which time I was in charge of the whole station. toot toot). Anyway, the point is, though I am no longer an active part of WDUB, I still take great pride in all of its accomplishments, including most recently a deal with American Eagle to produce mix tapes for all of their national locations. That's right folks. WDUB was asked to make a mix tape for American Eagle. Apparently, the VP of marketing for AE lives in Granville, and loves WDUB enough (yes, I am aware of how many acronyms I'm throwing around here) to ask us to make a mix tape. The final product is a mix with UCLA's station, but still, to be a principle collaborator is still pretty cool. So, if you're ever in AE, and hear some rockin' tunes, thank the Doobie!

Here's the track list, just so you can know exactly when to feel extra grateful:

"Daylight" - Matt and Kim
"Rudie Can’t Fail" - The Clash
"Summertime Clothes"- Animal Collective
"Star Witness" - Neko Case
"Never Had Nobody But You" - M. Ward
"I’m Good, I’m Gone" - Lykke Li
"Airport Taxi Reception" - Sondre Lerche and The Faces Down
"Rebel Rebel" - David Bowie
"Sunshine" - Lupe Fiasco
"People Gotta Lotta Nerve" - Neko Cae
"Spanish Bombs" - The Clash
"100 Yard Dash" - Raphael Saadiq
"Funny Little Frog" - Belle and Sabastian
"Dead Sound" - The Raveonettes
"Daft Punk If Playing At My House" - LCD Soundsystem
"Run To Your Grave" - The Mae Shi
"Kids" - MGMT
"Magnificent" - U2
"Take The Money and Run" - Steve Miller Band
"Riot Radio" - The Dead 60’s
"Fire cracker" - Ryan Adams
"Plastic Bertrand" - Ca Plane Pour Moi
"Getting’ Up" - Q-Tip
"Welcome to the Working Week" - Elvis Costello
"Again & Again" - Roots Manirva
"Heads Will Roll" - Yeah, Yeah Yeahs
"Death to Los Campesinos" - Los Campesinos
"Ready for the Floor" - Hot Chip
"Creator" - Santogold
"Before We’re Dead" - Ferraby Lionheart
"Santeria" - Sublime
"Alternative to Love" - Brendan Benson
"On the Table" - A.C. Newman
"Two Weeks" - Grizzly Bear
"Guns are Drawn" - The Roots
"Dancing Choose" - TV on the Radio
"Subterranean Homesick Blues" - Bob Dylan
"Rapper’s Delight" - The Sugarhill Gang
"Keep Me In Mind" - Little Joy
"Cobrastyle (feat. Mad Cobra)" - Teddybears
"Take My Time" - Junior Senior
"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac
"Around the Bend" - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
"The Devil Never Sleeps" - Iron & Wine
"Young Americans" - David Bowie
"The Reeling" - Passion Pit
"On Board" - Friendly Fires
"Fake Palindromes" - Andrew Bird
"My Girls" - Animal Collective
"Think I’m In Love" - Beck
"Drown in the Now" - Crystal Method F/ Mathisyahu
"Heavy Metal Drummer" - Wilco
"Gimme Little Sign" - Brenton Wood
"Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Do Your Thing" - Basement Jaxx
"Know Your Enemy" - Green Day

Moving on to the next boast, I'm apparently a decent photographer. While I was visiting a friend in San Francisco last fall, I snapped a couple of pictures of Alcatraz during a day of touring around. After that, I posted them to Flickr, and promptly forgot about them. Then, last month, I receive a notice saying one of my pictures has been entered in some online tour guide contest. No cash prize or anything, but still, the mere nomination of one of my pictures for any sort of contest is sort of flattering. Naturally, I submitted the photo into the contest, not thinking it would get anywhere. Fast forward to tonight, though, and I get an e-mail saying my photo has been selected to appear in Schmap's guide of San Francisco. Again, toot toot.

That's pretty much it for now. I had a long day at work, with plenty of verbal and physical abuse abound, so I thought some self-aggrandizing might even out the night.

No comments: