16 October 2008

Whirlwind Changes

It's looking like this blog, and my life, are going to be shifting focuses for the next couple of weeks. As of yesterday, I was a new hire at Pizzeria Uno's, and planning to take the weekend off to go visit Denison for homecoming this weekend. Now, it's looking like I may be putting that job on hold until November and staying out in Ohio. Here's why:

Today, I got an e-mail from someone with the Obama campaign, offering me a position starting immediately out in Ohio. After I called back to get the details, I found out it's actually a deputy field director job (location tbd), and I'd basically be spending the next two weeks working 14 hour days for little to no pay and sleeping on the couch of local Obama supporters. Ironically, that actually sounds fun for me. So, my only dilemma is how to balance these two jobs. Since I'm leaving tomorrow for Ohio, my plan is to go into work tomorrow, explain the situation and ask for a three-week hiatus. And if that doesn't work, beg. And if that doesn't work, quit. Hell, it's just a waiting job. I'm sure I can find another one somewhere.

Since I'm going to have to make this decision within minutes of heading out to Ohio, the next post in this blog'll have to be from the Buckeye State.

No comments: