02 October 2008

Jamie Lidell and Janelle Monae

Ok, so SF pics will be coming soon, but before I go through all the hassle of uploading and posting them, I have to share some videos of the bands I saw last night. The opener: Janelle Monae; the headliner: Jamie Lidell. Haven't heard either of them before, but my friend Andy assured me I'd love Jamie Lidell, so I went. I'll spare you all the rant of an instant convert, but Lidell was an insanely good live show. That isn't to say Monae wasn't either, though. Walking into the Fillmore more than halfway through her set, we were instantly blindsided by her intense sound and quirky stage presence. Everyone who I went with almost instantly agreed that we wished we got there a half hour earlier.

Anyway, here's some live videos of each. Enjoy.

Janelle Monae:


Jamie Lidell:

No comments: