05 January 2009

A Very Brief Goodbye to 2008

Five days late and a few dollars short, here's my recap of 2008 as promised. I was going to do a "best-of" list, but to be honest, that would imply that I've listened to everything that was worth listening to (I didn't), and that I remember everything that I liked that came out this year (I don't).

So, instead, I've decided to make a short list of songs that I dug, or at least feel deserve mention, from this past year. Again, though, there was a lot that came out earlier in the year that I just plain forgot came out in 2008, so forgive me if there's some songs you feel I should've included but didn't.

That said, here we go.

1. Antony & the Johnsons - Another World
2. the Black Keys - Attack and Release
3. Bon Iver - Flume
4. Cat Power - New York
5. Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
6. Ghostland Observatory - Heavy Heart
7. Girl Talk - In Step
8. Gnarls Barkley - She Knows
9. the Hold Steady - Stay Positive
10. Islands - the Arm
11. Jamie Lidell - Where D'You Go?
12. Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
13. MGMT - Time To Pretend
14. My Morning Jacket - Highly Suspicious
15. Okkervil River - Lost Coastlines
16. Old Crow Medicine Show - Caroline
17. Ratatat - Falcon Jab
18. the Raveonettes - Lust
19. Ray LaMontagne - You Are The Best Thing
20. Santogold - Lights Out
21. Sparks - Let The Monkey Drive
22. the Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
23. TV on the Radio - Halfway Home
24. Wolf Parade - Language City

1 comment:

My Year With The Kiwis said...

Good stuff.

Am I the only one that likes MGMT's Kids more than Time to Pretend?

To be fair though, it might just be that I'm super sick of the latter ever since the band blew up and even the goddamn mall started playing it.

And Ray is always the shit.